I am currently working at both the SRUC Epidemiology Research Unit where I mainly model disease spread through herds of cattle and at the River and Lochs Institute where I do some programming and statistical modelling. I also do a little bit of website design and work a lot with the statistical software R.
Websites and Software
- Strandings.org is the website of the marine stranding scheme scotland and something I have been working with for a few years. This website has details of strandings (once they have been confirmed and/or post mortemed) and they can be mapped or basic statistical charts shown.
- The Online Epidemiology resource centre which I built as part of my work with the Epi Unit. It hosts a number of online models and calculators all built with shiny, including a Two-stage Sample Size Calculator to help design surveys to estimate Herd Level Prevalence when the individual test is imperfect.
- My own shiny server to use for any apps I develop for teaching or just for my own interest.
Selected Presentations and Posters
- Duncan AJ, Auty H, Gunn GJ, Humphry RW, An online calculator for assisting in the design of herd-level prevalence surveys whilst taking into account test imperfections, Poster Presentation, 14th ISVEE Conference Yucatan, Mexico 2015. Poster No. 242.
- Noble LR, Jones CS, Frost MB, Verspoor E, Duncan AJ, Bickham JW, The challenge of identifying management units in large, vagile marine animals: meta-analysis reveals why conservation geneticists should think smart not big, Paper and Oral Presentation, Meeting of the Scientific Committee of the International Whaling Commision Slovenia, 2014. Paper No. SC/65b/BRG02.
- Macleod CJ, Duncan AJ, Ross NP, Duncan JL, Is Aortic Aneurysm Growth Rate Affected by Aneurysm Risk Factors? Poster Presentation RCSEd President’s Meeting, 2013
- Ross NP, Macleod CJ, Duncan AJ, Duncan JL, Is Aortic Aneurysm Growth Rate Affected by Aneurysm Risk Factors? Full Oral Presentation Association of Surgeons GB&I Glasgow, 2013
- Duncan AJ, Mackay TG, Lakhtakia A, On the homogenization of piezoelectric metamaterials via the strong-property-fluctuation-theory: a numerical study, Proceedings of SPIE 7392: Metamaterials: Fundamentals and Applications II, San Diego, California, USA, 2009, Paper No. 73920K.
- Mackay TG, Lakhtakia A, Duncan AJ, On limitations of conventional approaches to homogenization applied to uniaxial dielectric composite materials, Proceedings of SPIE 7404: Nanostructed Thin Films II, San Diego, California, USA, 2009, Paper No. 75910T.
- Duncan AJ, Mackay TG, Lakhtakia A, On conventional approaches to homogenization applied to unconventional composite materials, Photon 2008, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK, 2008.